I meant to post this yesterday... :-)
I've been practicing like crazy lately. Apparently I say this a lot, but this time it's really true! I am playing in a few things right now: the KVSO concert*, an adjunct faculty recital later in the month, and I'm making a recording on MONDAY! The recording is for an audition to get into a doctoral program for music. It's called a DMA - doctorate of musical arts. As a perspective student, I have to make a preliminary cd, and if the teachers at the schools like my cd, they will invite me to audition in person and to interview with them. Then I may be accepted to the program. Usually there are only one or two students accepted.
No pressure.
I'm not real comfortable with recording. I feel awkward with it because, not only do I not feel as prepared as I should be, I tend to dwell on that, which makes my performance worse. But, i have hired someone to record for me, a PRO y'all, so hopefully it will be much, much better. Also, I've been able to secure a location to record in that is my number one choice of locations! Exciting. :-)
So, lots and lots of pressure to practice lately, but yesterday I took a break and went to visit my dear friend Christine and her new baby. So adorable.
Thanks for reading everyone! Happy weekend to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment