So yesterday in my post, I wrote this: KVSO*.....and forgot to explain it!
The star means that I wanted to tell you all about my new position with the orchestra! Last year, I was hired as the co-principle flutist. I shared it with another great flutist from down in Champaign. But, this year, she got an orchestra job in Boston, and the powers that be decided not to hire another co-principle, which means that I am the only, and official, principle flutist for the orchestra!! I am thrilled beyond words!! ...no that's not true - I have lots to say about it. :)
This means that I get to play a whole lot more with the group, and I get the opportunity to learn and perform more music! Which just gives me more experience for the future.
Also, the orchestra has a new venue - a really, REALLY nice venue! Not only is it a beautiful place to perform great music, the venue will hopefully attract more musicians so the orchestra can grow. The venue gives us a home. In the past, we've been moving back and forth for rehearsals and concerts to different places, but now we're in one spot for both our rehearsals and our concerts.
And, if that wasn't enough, I have been asked to play a solo concerto with the orchestra in May! I have been waiting for this, all of it, for a long time. So. Happy. :)
Well, have a great Saturday everyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment