8.02.2010

back from a break

Hi friends!

I have been so busy lately!  I just finished a show in the city which was so much fun to do.  It's a pretty big commitment for me because I have to drive so far to get there, and traveling back usually puts me at home pretty late.  It's not uncommon for me to struggle to stay awake for the last ten minutes home!  The company I work with usually does a show every July, and this time I ended up driving for each show, which was awesome and I learned a lot about the city, and about metered parking.  I also got lost once after a rehearsal.  It took about twenty minutes to get back to the theater to then turn around and get to my exit for the highway.  Nice.  But I love it and would do it all again in a heartbeat.  I think that's what really makes us as musicians - this love for performing - it doesn't matter what the music is, we just have to do it.  Over and over and over again.

I have been with this particular company for a few years now; I joined them when they were doing their first show, and they've come a long way.  We did a run of 12 shows - two theaters contacted us about taking the show to their theaters and someone wants to pay us to make a studio recording of the show!  That's pretty good, I'd say!

But now I'm back in town, and working all week like I normally do.  It's nice too, to be back to normal and have regular hours --and regular times to see my handsome fiance!  I have so much to do now too; wedding invitations to assemble and send, decorations to decide upon, gifts to purchase, my dress to get altered and a host of other things still left to do.

Plus, school is starting. 


...did I think it wouldn't?

or perhaps I convinced myself that not thinking about it would delay it's arrival on my calendar.

Silly me.

So I have materials to read and music to decide on to prepare myself for the fall semester.  I'm looking forward to that as well.  The show in the city bolstered my confidence in myself, and to a greater degree, challenged me to learn more as a musician and teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment